Date - 03/17/2018 - 03/18/2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Spring Equinox 2-Day Writing Retreat for Women:
Saturday and Sunday, March 17 & 18, 2018
9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day
At Redwood Basecamp in Guerneville, CA
Let go of the old and make room for the new!
Spring is a time of renewal, growth, and expansion. It represents the East on the Medicine Wheel, an ancient teaching about the cycles of nature and how these cycles mirror human life. We use this tool as the foundation for our writing practice AND as a tool for understanding and deepening our lives.
Here’s what to expect each day:
- Begin the day with drumming and sharing.
- Enter in the teachings of the Medicine Wheel.
- Spend guided time alone on the land.
- Learn simple techniques for effortless writing.
- Use writing practice to explore and reflect on your time on the land.
- Share your stories (as you wish) in a safe, supportive circle of women.
- Receive the gift of deep listening as Susan mirrors your stories.
- Leave with two stories in your notebook AND deeper self-awareness.
Return home on Saturday night, or arrange your own lodging.
We keep this weekend mini-retreat affordable by excluding lodging from the price. If you’re local, you can return home on Saturday night and come back on Sunday. If you’re coming from out of town, you’ll find many lodging options throughout Sonoma County.
A community of like-hearted women
This is a safe place for women to write, connect, heal, and grow. We honor each voice as equal, and we write and speak from the heart. Beginning, experienced, and exploring writers — even NON-writers — are welcome.
$197 EARLY BIRD when you register by February 17
$227 After February 17
Plus a $15 land-use fee on each day of the event.
Susan Hagen is a wilderness rites-of-passage guide and co-author of “Women at Ground Zero: Stories of Courage and Compassion.” She combines her experience as a writer and guide to offer heart-opening, life-affirming writing workshops and retreats for women. She is also available for individual coaching and mentoring to help foster your creative life and move your writing projects forward.
• Refunds cannot be issued after 24 hours; however, a credit may be issued for other programs IF REQUESTED 7 OR MORE DAYS before the start of the program. After 7 days, credit can only be issued if your reservation is filled by someone else. All date changes are subject to a 20% fee and Susan Hagen’s approval.
• Please DO NOT BRING YOUR DOGS (or other pets), even if you plan to leave them in the car.
What to bring to workshops
• Your notebook and several pens (laptops are discouraged; please contact Susan if you feel you must bring yours).
• Something for the altar that represents your dreams, ambitions or goals.
• Layered clothing and/or sun protection for writing outside if you choose.
• Please call Susan at 707-888-0849 if you will be late or absent.
• Arrive 10-15 minutes early to make a cup of tea and settle in.
• Avoid wearing perfume or scented body products.